Diesel Mechanic - Cuba, AL
McElroy Truck Lines is searching for a highly qualified Diesel Mechanic to help maintain and service our fleet of trucks and trailers. The individual will be responsible for general fleet maintenance activities, implementing preventive maintenance programs, warranty work, and supporting long-term strategic plans for our fleet. If you have at least 2+ years of diesel mechanic experience, strong knowledge of the transportation industry, we encourage you to apply today.
Job Duties:• Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems and coordinate the best solutions
• Perform preventative maintenance on trucks and trailers
• Always put the safety and satisfaction of our drivers first when working on equipment
• Prioritize maintenance and repairs of company equipment
• Communicate with drivers about the status of equipment
• 2+ years of diesel mechanic experience
• Strong knowledge of fleet management and maintenance shop concepts
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to enter Repair Orders into a computer
About McElroy Truck Lines
At McElroy, you'll have the job satisfaction that comes with working in an environment that honors the family and respects the contributions of each employee.
We've been in business for over 50 years. From our humble beginning, we've grown to establish ourselves as one of the nation's premier flatbed companies. Today, we operate primarily in the Eastern half of the US, from our headquarters in Cuba, Alabama. With continued growth and success, we are inviting you to become a part of our team today.
Job Type: Full-time
• High School graduate or equivalent
• United States (Required)
• 8 paid holidays
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• 401K with match
• Company paid life insurance