Fleet Manager - Cuba, AL
The Dispatcher, (Fleet Manager) is responsible for managing and developing relationships with a fleet of drivers to increase driver performance, overall driver satisfaction and to improve driver retention. This Dispatcher will be stationed at our home terminal in Cuba, AL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach and manage a fleet of drivers to ensure high on-time delivery performance and fleet profitability
- Develop a relationship with drivers to improve performance and encourage retention
- Communicate customer needs to drivers through dispatch instruction
- Review and authorize driver pay related items
- Ensure driver and other transportation safety procedures are followed
- Act as the driver advocate toward internal departments to answer driver questions, driver concerns, and resolve issues
- Processing Human Resource forms such as leave of absence or termination of employment
- Approving and managing a driver's home time requests and keeping the driver in a position to arrive home on time
- Monitor driver's Hours of Service (logging) for DOT compliance
- Maximize equipment utilization and driver pay
- Work closely with other departments to meet customer, driver, and company objectives and safety initiatives
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 1-2 years of previous experience in a related field required
- High school diploma or GED required and a degree in a related field preferred
- Previous management or coaching experience required
- Effective communication skills are needed
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT McElroy Truck Lines
At McElroy, you'll have the job satisfaction that comes with working in an environment that honors the family and respects the contributions of each employee.
We've been in business for over 50 years. From our humble beginning, we've grown to establish ourselves as one of the nation's premier flatbed companies. Today, we operate primarily in the Southwest, Southeast, Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, from our headquarters in Cuba, Alabama. With continued growth and success, we are inviting you to become a part of our team today.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor preferred
- United States (Required)
- 8 Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401K with match
- Company paid life insurance
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.