7 Weeks of Expert Driver Training
Experienced Driver Trainers
Our truck drivers enjoy the benefit of four weeks of one-on-one instruction from an experienced Driver Trainer, who will serve as your mentor and teacher.
State-of-the-art Driving Simulator
You’ll prepare for situations that can’t be experienced during training while in our innovative driving simulator. Learn to handle blowouts, hazardous driving conditions, being cut off by cars, before you go on the road.
7 Week Truck Driver Training Schedule
- Week 1: Orientation
- Week 2: On-the-yard Training at McElroy. Work with safety managers and learn skills like load securement, backing, and DOT regulations
- Weeks 3-6: On-the-road Training with driver trainer
- Week 7: “Final Week” Training. Skills testing and evaluation, truck assigned
Company provided hotel with full breakfast and hot lunch during orientation and yard training weeks.
Fast Track Training Program
No flatbed experience, no problem. This training program is designed to assist you in learning how to
properly secure and tarp your loads the correct way. We will teach you every aspect of the flatbed
industry from bumper to bumper. In order to qualify for this training program, you must have at least 6
months of verifiable, over-the-road experience in a CMV in the last 12 months.
2 Week Training Schedule
- 3 days orientation
- 1 day of load securement and tarping
- 5 days of hauling local loads with a certified trainer (you will not stay in the truck with the trainer)
- 2 days of final evaluation and truck assignment
1st Seat Program
1 Week Training Schedule
This schedule is designed for experienced flatbed drivers that have at least 6 months experience in the last 12 months.
- 3 days of orientation
- 1 day evaluation of load securement and tarping abilities
- 1 day of final evaluation and truck assignment